Tuesday, September 4, 2012



The first day in India was an interesting combination of wild elation at the idea of finally being in India and a concerted effort to convince myself I was immune to jet lag. We all know it’s a mental game, ok, and I’m out to win it. The chapattis, egg omelet, and aloo soup on the porch of the YWCA hostel made for a delightful start to the day, and if the consistent deliciousness of the food is any indication of how this adventure is going to go, then I am in for a major treat. If my battle against impending exhaustion is, well, let’s just stay positive.

Khanewala, in Hindi, can mean “the one who eats” or that I’m just about to eat. Khana means food, to eat, and can also mean to consume. I’m out to consume all that I can from India… the culture, music, clothes, knowledge, beauty, dancing, chaos, festivals, and yes, a whole lot of hot and tasty Indian food.  

1 comment:

  1. That's a great start Sarah,it sounds exciting. Get good sleep for a couple nights and you will feel great before you know it. I am really looking forward to hearing about your adventures, so keep it coming with all the color and detail you can.

    ReplyDelete